Friday, June 28, 2013

Taking a Break

Studio painting and blogging don't work well together for me.  It's easy to post when I am painting en plein air, playing my color scheme game and most of the time when I'm traveling.  With the solo exhibit of "Healing Art" approaching in November, I have retreated to the studio.  It's just as well. The heat and humidity in New Jersey makes painting in the cool basement a pleasant alternative in spite of my frustration over painting in artificial light.


.


'Glimpse' - 17.5" x 17.5" watercolor

'Glimpse' - 17.5" x 17.5" watercolor



.

I'll post a few more of the paintings from last week's trip to Maine in the monthly newsletter that is going out on July 1st.  Here is one of my favorites from the trip.....
.


Scarborough Marsh, Maine

Scarborough Marsh, Maine



.


Charlie Brown on keyboard

Charlie Brown on keyboard




The live music at the Summer Solstice party was fantastic.  I did a few small paintings of Charlie Brown's band and Marc Chillemi's band.
Taking a Break

No comments: