Saturday, May 11, 2013

Exploring New Territory in the Bay Area of California

My recent trip to California was fabulous.  The Watercolor Techniques Workshop at Riley Street Art Supply in Santa Rosa was filled to capacity.  I'm proud of how hard they worked and how courageous they were with their paintings.  Excellent work ladies!  It's not easy to let loose and break through barriers of preconceived notions.


.


Riley Street Watercolor Techniques Worlkshop Ladies.

Of course I had to begin my trip sketching Hangar One at Moffett Field.
.


Hangar One at Moffett Field

Hangar One, Moffett Field, Mountain View, California




.


Hangar One, Moffett Field

Hangar One, Moffett Field



.

And a trip to the Academy of Sciences in San Francisco.....
.


Philippine Coral Reef Aquarium

Philippine Coral Reef Aquarium



.

As always, staying with Joanie Springer and her two lovely kitties in Santa Rosa was a treat.  Joanie introduced me to the work of John Lovett ...  I turned her into a plein air painter! (Maybe) .


Matanzas Creek Winery inspired by John Lovett

Matanzas Creek Winery inspired by the work of John Lovett



.

I met up with Nancy Roberts at Mount Diablo where she shared her favorite plein air spots with me.
.


Nancy Roberts and the beginning of her plein air painting

Nancy Roberts and the beginning of her plein air painting



.

The next two days were spent wrangling and roping with my cousin Jacque and her wonderful hubbie, Herman.
.


Herman's Roping Cowboy Boots, with and without spurs

Herman's Roping Cowboy Boots, with and without spurs



.

I rented my car for an extra day and visited Lick Observatory, stopping at the pull-offs along the switchbacks to paint.
.


Along the road to Lick Observatory

Along the road to Lick Observatory



.

My only regret is that I didn't get to paraglide with Mike...... hopefully in September .....
.

I'm reorganizing my blogs and simplifying my life so that I spend less time on the computer and more time with pen and brush in hand.  Please be patient with me as I sort it all out.  Thanks!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
Exploring New Territory in the Bay Area of California

No comments: