Friday, March 29, 2013

Textured Layers

Compressing Time with Videos


I can finally demonstrate my method of painting intuitively in the studio.  Thanks to the convenience and quality of the ipad camera and easy editing software, I can compress an hour of studio time into a mere two minutes of video time.  I can work on multiple paintings and resort the movie clips into seamless footage that hopefully tells the story of each painting's development.


.

I'm presenting a "Textured Layers" demo at the Hunterdon Watercolor Society on April 1st.  Having only an hour to demonstrate, I will bring six paintings in various stages of development.  The members will be able to view the online tutorials to watch how the various stages of the paintings were created.  I will demonstrate adding a new layer to each of the samples.  The final painting will be a completed painting.  That will leave five for the next demonstration, each one stage further along.


textured-layers-watercolor-saran-wrap-atomi er-chris-carter-artist-032913-web

Stage Two - textured with mouth atomi er and saran wrap




Textured Layers

No comments: