Saturday, February 23, 2013

Creating a Personal Coloring Book Journal

Creating a Personal Coloring book Journal

When I travel, I often fill my sketchbook with ink drawings, leaving the painting for later ..... for mornings when I don't want to focus on drawing..... for mornings when I want to paint somewhat mindlessly, throwing the die and  filling in shapes with color.   Mike-blender-press-ink-drawings-chris-carter-artist-012913-web Earlier this week, I painted the two ink sketches I had drawn during my recent visit to California.
Mike's blender and coffee press

Mike's blender and coffee press

The colors were dictated by playing the Color Scheme Game.  The dark background was inspired by one of my students from the school in Newark.
Sherlley's beautiful dark colors

Sherlley's beautiful dark colors

Mike watching Paragliding at the Kitchen Counter

Mike watching Paragliding at the Kitchen Counter

Mike's favorite color, as a child, was orange.  Perhaps it still is.  Fortunately, it came up as the dominant color when I threw the die.
.
Sketchbook drawings: drawn first in ink with fountain pen, followed later..... much later ..... with watercolor.
.
Limited Palette of aureolin yellow, crimson and french ultramarine blue.        
Creating a Personal Coloring Book Journal

No comments: